Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Time for Tea!

After seeing this pattern by Ric Rac for a plush tea set, I couldn't wait to make one for Vera. I chose a fabric line called Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille for its colorful, playful prints. I gave the set to Vera for her birthday and she loves playing with it! The other day I caught her trying to pour water into it from her sippy cup and had to laugh. It was a little damp but otherwise unharmed. I guess that's one downside of a plush tea set; only imaginary tea served here!




Overall, I didn't have any problems with the pattern, but I did make a few minor changes. I felt the teapot handle was a little floppy so I shortened it at each end by about 1/2". I also made a small bag filled with rice and put it inside the base of the teapot. This helped weigh the teapot down a bit and keeps it from tipping over. (Make sure you freeze the rice overnight so you don't have any critters hatch inside you teapot!)

Looking forward to many tea parties with my little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment